- French Press
- Kitchen scale
- Long neck kettle
- 600g Water
- 40g Coffee
- Bring water to a boil.
- Grind your coffee. All grinders are different, but for this recipe we want to grind 3/4 of the way to the coarse end. If you are using a Baratza Encore we recommend 30/40.
- Pour ground coffee into the French press.
- Begin your timer
- 0:00 - Pour 80 grams of water onto to the coffee. Wait 30s while the coffee degasses. This is called the bloom.
- 0:30 - Add water to the center of coffee until you have reached 600g. Gently stir the coffee to ensure everything is saturated. Place the plunger gently onto the French press to retain heat.
- 4:00 - Slowly depress the plunger into the French Press. Pour coffee into a separate vessel to end the brewing process.