- Aeropress filter
- Kitchen scale
- Long neck kettle
- 260g Water
- 16g Coffee
- Bring water to a boil.
- Place a filter into the Aeropress cap and rinse with hot water. Secure the cap onto the Aeropress.
- Place your Aeropress with the cap facing downward onto the cup you're brewing into.
- Grind your coffee. All grinders are different, but for this recipe we want to grind just under the halfway point of your grinder. If you are using a Baratza Encore we recommend 19/40.
- Pour ground coffee into the Aeropress.
- Begin your timer
- 0:00 - Pour 20 grams of water onto to the coffee. Wait 30s while the coffee degasses. This is called the bloom.
- 0:30 - Add water to the center of coffee until you have reached 255g. Gently stir the coffee to ensure everything is saturated.
- 1:30 - Gently stir again. Place the plunger into the Aeropress and slowly over 30 seconds, plunge the coffee into your cup.